One FREE child ticket with each full price adult Jan.6 – March 1
NEWPORT, Ky. – Newport Aquarium announces the return of Winter Family Days, where one child (ages 2-12) gets in FREE with each full price adult ticket* from January 6 through March 1. It’s the perfect time to escape the cold winter weather and explore Newport Aquarium where it’s always a tropical 72 degrees. Newport Aquarium is open every day, including holidays, and will operate with extended hours on select days. A full calendar of operating times is available at NewportAquarium.com.
Activities during Winter Family Days include visiting with the new Bayou Babies, two dozen baby American alligators who now call Gator Alley home, alongside Snowball and Snowflake, Newport Aquarium’s rare white alligators. Other popular Winter Family Days weather-proof adventures include:
- Shark Bridge – More than 3 million thrill-seekers have dared to cross Shark Bridge. Included with admission, Shark Bridge is a 75-foot-long rope bridge suspended just inches above nearly two dozen sharks.
- Stingray Hideaway – Enter a tropical getaway to interact with and touch two dozen stingrays in the 17,000-gallon stingray touchpool. Discover stingrays from above and below the water’s surface through a kid-friendly underwater tunnel and pop-up tube where stingrays soar above and all around.
- Surrounded by Sharks – Venture through more than 80 feet of acrylic underwater tunnels. Guests can walk through three underwater tunnels within the 385,000-gallon Surrounded by Sharks exhibit filled with rare and exotic shark rays, six species of sharks, hundreds of fish and Denver, the mischievous 200-pound loggerhead sea turtle.
- Seahorses: Unbridled Fun – This interactive exhibit features some of nature’s most amazing creatures, including several species of seahorses, sea dragons, razorfish and pipefish. At the Seahorse Creation Station, guests can discover their inner-artist and create a digital seahorse.
- Penguin Palooza – With five different sub-Antarctic penguin species totaling nearly 50 birds, Penguin Palooza boasts one of the most diverse collections of cold-weather penguins in the country.
- Splash and Bubbles Reeftown Adventure – Kids can climb and play their way through Coral Cove and become a Reeftown Ranger as they learn about our One Big Ocean and the animals that call it home. They can color their own fishy friends and bring them to life in the animated world of Splash and Bubbles.
Beginning January 6, the offer of one kid free with each full price adult will be available online at NewportAquarium.com, at the Newport Aquarium ticket window or by phone at 800-406-FISH (3474). Advance ticket purchase online is highly recommended to skip the ticket line and reserve your aquarium entry time.
*This special offer cannot be combined with other discounts or coupons.
Newport Aquarium, named one of the top 10 U.S. aquariums in 2019 by USA Today’s 10Best.com and one of the top U.S. aquariums 2016 by Leisure Group Travel, has showcased thousands of animals from around the world in a million gallons of water since 1999. Named a top U.S. aquarium by US City Traveler and Destinations Travel Magazine, and also by Travel Channel, Newport Aquarium is a Herschend Family Entertainment company and an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Newport Aquarium is open to the public 365 days a year and is located across the Ohio River from downtown Cincinnati at Newport on the Levee.