Avoid the subzero temperatures and bring the kids to Newport Aquarium for FREE
NEWPORT, Ky. – With so many tri-state schools and businesses closed due to arctic wind chills felt throughout the Midwest, Newport Aquarium has announced it will begin its Winter Family Days promotion one day early on Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2014.
Newport Aquarium provides a safe, warm and dry option for parents to bring their children. Combined with the prices offered during Winter Family Days, when two children 12 years and under get free admission* with each full-priced adult ticket, visiting the aquarium during these bad weather days is a great option to provide families with a fun, educational experience.
This family-favorite offer will run through Feb. 28, 2014, during which time the aquarium will open one hour early at 9 a.m. every Saturday and holiday weekend.
Your kids will have fun inside our 74-degree climate-controlled facility, no matter the weather outside. At Newport Aquarium, there is always more new to see and do:
• White Gators – Visit the Rainforest exhibit to see two of the rarest animals in the world – a pair of mystical white American alligators. Snowball and Snowflake are two of less than 100 white alligators in the world and will be at Newport Aquarium through the end of February.
• Surrounded by Sharks – Walk through a 385,000-gallon tank filled with four rare and exotic shark rays – the largest collection of shark rays in the world – as well as tiger sharks, zebra sharks, stingrays, and a curious 200-pound loggerhead sea turtle named Denver.
• The Frog Bog – Your kids have never seen frogs like this before. Kids will see secret frog tanks visible only when they climb through tunnels and tubes in our kids-only Frog Bog jungle gym. The Frog Bog is the largest exhibit of its kind in the Midwest with nearly 20 species of exotic frogs
• Gator Alley – Showcasing eight species of crocodilians from four continents, Gator Alley is one of the most diverse collections of crocodilian species in the country. It’s also the home of Mighty Mike – who at 14-feet long and 800 pounds is the biggest and baddest alligator in the country outside of Florida.
• Jellyfish Gallery – Marvel at the largest and coolest jellyfish exhibit in the Midwest. You will be mesmerized and amazed by more than one hundred jellyfish.
• Kroger Penguin Palooza – With five different species, it boasts one of the most diverse collections of cold-weather penguins in the country.
Newport Aquarium, the No. 1 aquarium in the country according to USA Today’s 10Best.com, is located in Newport, Ky. across the Ohio River from Cincinnati, Ohio. Newport Aquarium was named a 2013 top U.S. aquarium by Travel Channel. A top tri-state destination, the state-of-the-art facility is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA), a leader in global wildlife conservation.
Winter Family Days tickets are available at our ticket window, through our website, www.NewportAquarium.com, or through our toll-free phone number, 1-800-406-FISH (3474).
*This special offer cannot be combined with other discounts or coupons.