NEWPORT, Ky. — Newport Aquarium is kicking off Memorial Day weekend with free kid’s admission during Summer Family Hours. Sundays through Fridays, one kid (age 2-12) gets in free after 4 p.m. with the purchase of one full-priced adult ticket. This offer is available between May 28 and September 1 online only: https://www.newportaquarium.com/Visitor-Tips/Aquarium-Events/Summer-Family-Hours.
Extended Summer Hours
Just in time for summer, Newport Aquarium is also extending its summer hours and will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily between May 27 and September 2.
With extra time and free kid’s admission, guests have the opportunity to visit Newport Aquarium’s newest attraction, Stingray Hideaway, as well as cross the recently celebrated Shark Bridge.
Two Summers of Fun with an Annual Pass
For a limited time only, guests will get two extra months free when they purchase an Annual Pass. That’s 14 months of fun and discovery for the price of 12 months, plus exclusive passholder events, bring a friend free days, and additional savings throughout the year.
Newport Aquarium’s newest attraction is open and ready to make a splash this summer. Stingray Hideaway: Enter their World includes a 17,000-gallon stingray touchpool and a 30-foot tunnel for guests of all ages to enjoy an interactive experience unlike any other in North America.
These animals are majestic and they do need to be protected in the wild.
Stingray Hideaway offers a tropical getaway experience for everyone:
- Guests of all sizes can interact with stingrays at the tank’s different height levels.
- A smaller touch tank of epaulette sharks provides a touch experience for even the smallest guests.
- The 30-foot tunnel lets guests experience the stingrays from below, and the pop-up area allows them to enter their world with a 360-degree view.
For more information, visit NewportAquarium.com or call 800-406-FISH (3474).
Newport Aquarium, named one of the top 10 U.S. aquariums in in 2017 by USA Today’s 10Best.com, one of the top U.S. aquariums in 2016 by Leisure Group Travel, and has showcased thousands of animals from around the world in a million gallons of water since 1999. Named a top U.S. aquarium by US City Traveler and Destinations Travel Magazine in 2014, and also by Travel Channel in 2013, Newport Aquarium is a Herschend Family Entertainment company and an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Newport Aquarium is open to the public 365 days a year and is located across the Ohio River from downtown Cincinnati at Newport on the Levee.
Stay Hooked In: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Google+ | YouTube | WordPress
One Aquarium Way | Newport, KY 41071 | 859-261-7444
NEWPORT, Ky. – Just as meteorologists are forecasting a cold front and colder temperatures on the way, Newport Aquarium announces the return of Winter Family Days, where one child (ages 2-12) gets in FREE with each full-priced adult.* The aquarium has also added a brand new limited-time-only meet and greet opportunity with Jim Henson’s Splash and Bubbles from the new kids TV show by the same name.
Kids will have fun inside Newport Aquarium’s 72-degree climate-controlled facility, no matter the weather outside.
NEW: Meet Splash and Bubbles
A new attraction has been added to Newport Aquarium in the form of a meet and greet with the title characters of Jim Henson’s Splash and Bubbles, the newest PBS KIDS TV show. The new ocean-themed animated kids’ series encourages children to explore the natural undersea world and features endearing and humorous characters on fun-filled adventures. During Winter Family Days, several of the species featured in the cartoon will be on exhibit in the Shore Gallery. And, Newport Aquarium’s Shark Ray Bay Theater will be transformed into the hit TV show’s Reeftown setting where guests will have an opportunity to meet and get their picture taken with Splash and Bubbles.
Splash and Bubbles can be seen on local PBS station, CET. The TV show is co-produced by Newport Aquarium’s parent company, Herschend Enterprises (Herschend Studios) and the Emmy Award winning Jim Henson Company, the producers of Dinosaur Train and Sid the Science Kid.
Extended Winter Hours
The aquarium will open one hour early (9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.) on the following dates:
- Saturdays in January & February (Beginning January 11)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend
- Presidents Day Weekend
Last entry to the aquarium will be one hour before closing. See website for operating hours.
At Newport Aquarium, there is always more new to see and do:
- Shark Bridge –This 75-foot rope bridge is the only one of its kind in North America and allows guests to walk just inches above nearly two dozen sharks, exotic shark rays, two stingrays and more than 300 fish in one of the country’s largest open air tank displays.
- Surrounded by Sharks – Guests can walk through a 385,000-gallon tank filled with rare and exotic shark rays, six species of shark, and Denver, the mischievous 200-pound loggerhead sea turtle.
- Seahorses: Unbridled Fun – This interactive exhibit features some of nature’s most amazing creatures, including several species of seahorses, sea dragons, trumpetfish, razorfish and pipefish. At the Seahorse Creation Station, guests can discover their inner-artist and create a digital seahorse to share. The exhibit also features rare video of seahorses and their most unusual behaviors.
- Gator Alley – Gator Alley is the home of Mighty Mike – who at 14-feet long and 800 pounds is the biggest alligator in the country outside of Florida, as well as Snowball and Snowflake, two of fewer than 100 white alligators in the world.
- Kroger Penguin Palooza – With five different sub-Antarctic penguin species totaling nearly 50 birds, Kroger Penguin Palooza boasts one of the most diverse collections of cold-weather penguins in the country.
- Frog Bog – Children have never seen frogs like this before as they can find secret frog tanks visible only when they climb through tunnels and tubes in the kids-only Frog Bog jungle gym.
Beginning January 4th, Winter Family Days tickets will be available at the Newport Aquarium ticket window, online at NewportAquarium.com or by phone at 800-406-FISH (3474).
*This special offer cannot be combined with other discounts or coupons.