NEWPORT, Ky. – Just as meteorologists are forecasting the coldest temperatures of the season, Newport Aquarium announces the return of Winter Family Days, where two children (ages 2-12) get in FREE with each paid, full-priced adult ticket from Jan. 6 – Feb. 28.*
Kids will have fun inside our 72-degree climate-controlled facility, no matter the weather outside.
Extended Winter Hours
The aquarium will open one hour early (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.) on the following dates:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend: Jan. 16-18
- Saturdays: Jan. 23 & 30; Feb. 20, 27
- Presidents Day Weekend: Feb. 13-15
- Sunday: Feb. 28
At Newport Aquarium, there is always more new to see and do:
- Shark Bridge –This 75-foot rope bridge is the only one of its kind in North America and allows guests to walk just inches above nearly two dozen sharks, exotic shark rays, two stingrays and more than 300 fish in one of the country’s largest open air tank displays.
- Surrounded by Sharks – Guests can walk through a 385,000-gallon tank filled with rare and exotic shark rays, six species of shark, and Denver, the mischievous 200-pound loggerhead sea turtle.
- Gator Alley – Showcasing six species of crocodilians from four continents, Gator Alley has one of the most diverse collections of crocodilian species in the country. It’s the home of Mighty Mike – who at 14-feet long and 800 pounds is the biggest and baddest alligator in the country outside of Florida, as well as Snowball and Snowflake, two of fewer than 100 white alligators in the world.
- Kroger Penguin Palooza – With five different sub-Antarctic penguin species totaling nearly 50 birds, Kroger Penguin Palooza boasts one of the most diverse collections of cold-weather penguins in the country.
- Frog Bog – Children have never seen frogs like this before as they can find secret frog tanks visible only when they climb through tunnels and tubes in the kids-only Frog Bog jungle gym. Frog Bog is the largest exhibit of its kind in the Midwest with nearly 20 species of exotic frogs.
- Jellyfish Gallery – With more than 100 jellyfish on display, guests will marvel at the largest and coolest jellyfish exhibit in the Midwest.
Beginning Jan. 6, Winter Family Days tickets will be available at the Newport Aquarium ticket window, online at NewportAquarium.com or by phone at 800-406-FISH (3474).
*This special offer cannot be combined with other discounts or coupons.
Newport Aquarium, the No. 1 aquarium in the country according to USA Today’s 10Best.com, has showcased thousands of animals from around the world in a million gallons of water since 1999. Named a top U.S. aquarium by US City Traveler in 2014 and by Travel Channel in 2013, Newport Aquarium is a Herschend Family Entertainment company and an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Newport Aquarium is open to the public 365 days a year and is located across the Ohio River from downtown Cincinnati at Newport on the Levee.
One Aquarium Way | Newport, KY 41071 | 859-261-7444